In this blog post, I will give a detailed view of finding whether your computer is using SSD or HDD on your Windows 11 Operating System. There are a few different ways available to check the drive type. We will see them one by one.
1. The first method is very simple. You need to right-click on your Windows icon and click on Task Manager.
2. If it shows a small window like this, then click on More details.
3. It will open a window like this. Click on Performance which is available in the top area. You will be able to see two disks 0 and 1 depending on the number of disks that you have in your Windows 11 Operating System. Here, disk 0 is in SSD, and disk 1 is in HDD.
4. When you click on disk 0, it will show the type and the details about the drive. In the same way, you can check for disk 1 as well.
5. For the second method, once again right-click on your Windows icon and click on Run.
6. In the run window, type dfrgui and click Ok.
7. It will show the drive information of your Windows 11 Operating System.
8. For the third method, you need Microsoft PowerShell. In the search bar, search for Microsoft PowerShell. On the right-hand side, you need to click on Run as administrator and open it in administrator mode.
9. I am going to maximize the font. So, click on Properties.
10. Here, click on Font and increase the font size.
11. On the PowerShell, you need to type the command which is given in the image below and press enter. It will display the type whether it is SSD or HDD.
These are the steps for finding whether your computer is using SSD or HDD on your Windows 11 Operating System.