In this blog post, I will give a detailed view of downloading and installing google chrome on your Windows 11 Operating System. Every Windows 11 Operating System comes with a default browser which is called Microsoft Edge.
1. Open Microsoft Edge and search for google chrome English download.
2. We are interested in this result which is in the image below. Click on that link.
3. It will open a new tab. Here, you will be able to see an option called Download Chrome. Click on that, It will start to download.
4. If you want to change the language, you need to scroll at the very bottom and click on the dropdown arrow besides English – United States. It will provide a list of languages from which you can select one.
5. Now, I am going to download it in English. If it didn’t download automatically. then click on the download chrome manually link.
6. Open the file explorer and click on Downloads. Here you can see the ChromeSetup option. Click on that link. Then minimize your browser.
7. It will show a warning message. Click on Yes.
8. It will start the installation process.
9. Now, the Google Chrome browser has been installed. And it has opened as well and the desktop icon has also appeared automatically.
10. To make it appear in the taskbar, click on the google chrome icon. It will open the google chrome window. In the taskbar, right-click on the icon and click on Pin to taskbar.
11. To set is a default browser, click on Set as default. It will open the settings app.
12. Here, search for Google chrome. Click on the arrow.
13. Even though you have set it as a default browser, but for some options, it has not been set. Click on them one by one and make them default.
14. Click on the first option and select Google chrome. Then click Ok. It will set it as the default browser.
15. You can also open the settings app by searching for the settings app in the search icon.
16. Click on Apps. Then, click on Default apps. It will also take you to the same window which we saw earlier. You can follow the same steps as mentioned above.
These are the steps for downloading and installing google chrome on your Windows 11 Operating System.