In this post we will see How to install Visual Studio Code on Ubuntu Linux
Follow the steps below
- Download Visual Studio Code for Linux
- Extract the zip file VSCode-linux-x64.zip
- Go inside the folder VSCode-linux-x64
- double click and Run code executable to open Visual Studio Code .
- You can right click on Visual Studio Code on toolbar (or launcher)
and select Lock to Launcher. this way you can launch the editor by
clicking it on launcher.
If you are using terminal follow the terminal commands
- Create a directory for the vs code files and cd to this directory:
Shell123mkdir your_folder_name && cd your_folder_name
- Unzip the zip file in your new folder
- Run the code editor using following command
This video will help you to download and install and use Visual Studio Code on Ubuntu if you still have some doubts